Join Facebook Groups
There are several Facebook groups available for you to join. There are continuous conversations, strategy discussions, and guidance offered within these groups – making them a valuable tool if you need an opinion or suggestion.
- We welcome you to join OUR Facebook group: Financial Independence Retire Early (FIRE) for Beginners. We’re 2400 members and growing 🙂
- ChooseFI has exploded since it’s creation with tens of thousands of members.
- There is also a Mustachian Group that has a large following you can check out.
Read Blogs & Connect
There are thousands of amazing blogs all talking about personal finance, some even focusing on the concepts of FIRE. We’re not going to play the game of picking and choosing favorites, we’ll only encourage you to check out some on your own.
Here are a few directories where you can sort through all of the best recent blog posts.
- Personal Finance Blogs
- Collecting Wisdom
- Apex Money
- Rockstar Finance
Might be slightly biased but you should also make sure to check out our blog if you haven’t done so already!
Attend FI Events
There are some really unique and cool opportunities to meet people within the FIRE community
- A weekend retreat, with locations all over the country. Enjoy nature, meeting new and old friends, relax and discuss your journey to Financial Independence. Prices vary, usually a few hundred dollars per person for 3 days and 3 nights.
- Created by JL Collins, Chautauqua offers a very unique opportunity to have some 1-on-1 time with FIRE enthusiasts, bloggers and other speakers. Think of this as the ultimate retreat to discuss Financial Independence, but it does come with a hefty price tag.
- While this is not necessarily designed for your FIRE enthusiasts, many go simply to meet the podcasters and bloggers they admire.
Find a Local Network
Being able to meet up with people in your local area is by far the easiest, and cheapest of the options listed here in terms of events.
ChooseFI has a massive network of people all over the world. Check to see if there’s one in your area here.
Bogleheads has local chapters all over the country, check out the full list here.
Listen to Podcasts
One of our favorite ways to hear the latest FIRE content is through podcasts. Our busy lifestyle doesn’t allow for us to read as much as we’d like – so we supplement our commutes with podcasts!
In no particular order:
- Mad Fientist
- FIRE Drill
- Radical Personal Finance
- The FI Show
- What’s Up Next
- Financial Freedom Podcast
- BiggerPockets Money
- Coach Carson
- Financial Independence Europe
- Frugal Friends
- Stacking Benjamins
We were guests on the episodes below! Be sure to check them out.
ChooseFI – Episode 129R: Focused Work Ethic
What’s Up Next – Episode 46: First Time FinCon?
Congrats, you finished the FIRE Guide!
Now check out some of our other content! Good luck on your journey!
Erik @ The Mastermind Within
Tuesday 17th of September 2019
Thanks for including a link to Personal Finance Blogs in this article :)
John @ How To FIRE
Wednesday 25th of September 2019
Gladly! Thanks for curating great content