Per the start of the new year, we felt it would be appropriate to reflect on our 2018 accomplishments and share our 2019 goals!
As the ball dropped on New Year’s Eve, I couldn’t believe that another year had passed. Our parents were right, time does fly by faster as you get older. One thing I always think about as we count down is the finality of the day: an ending and a beginning. They both signal a time for reflection and planning. What did I do well this year and what do I want to improve moving forward?
Pin it for later!
A Reflection on 2018
This past year John and I feel like we accomplished a lot, but we still have much progress to make.
- Increased full-time job income & savings rate
- Passed our Masters classes with a B or better
- Started multiple side hustles
- Travel hacked two vacations – Vegas + Hoover Dam & Grand Canyon and Maine
Goal Planning for 2019
Life has been busy and stressful at times, so it’s definitely essential to celebrate what we did accomplish and put a strong focus on what we can improve moving forward.
What are Our Goals?
- Launch our blog 🙂
- Max as many retirement accounts as possible (401ks, HSA, IRAs)
- Pay off our car
- Advance our careers through continuing education
- Find more time for each other, our families and friends
- Spend more time doing activities we enjoy
- Travel A LOT (through travel-hacking, of course)
- Make our health and personal wellness a priority (this is one we want to put a lot of emphasis on)
- Continue on our path to FIRE
It’s a hefty list, don’t you think? Sometimes it’s easier to be cognizant of your goals at the beginning of the year, but as the year goes on, they may not be at the front of your mind. Because of this, we have written out our 2019 goals and are posting them in a place that we will see daily.
We want everyone to be successful with their personal, professional, financial and relationship goals in 2019! That is why we are sharing this goal worksheet with you. Check out our FREE How To FIRE 2019 Goals Worksheet Download.
Sit down with your loved ones to set clear and achievable goals to work towards this year, and post them somewhere as a consistent reminder.
Happy New Year!
Let us know in the comments what your goal are this year!